We recently posted a guide on how to root a OnePlus 3. A lot of people wanted to know How to root OnePlus 3 with Mac. So I researched a bit and found out its even simplar. So I will be showing you a guide on how you can root you new OnePlus 3 with a Mac.
Make sure to backup your phone’s data before proceeding
Root OnePlus 3 with Mac
Download these files on your Mac
Once you have downloaded the files mentioned above, Install Android File Transfer software. follow the steps below
- Go to Settings and enable developer options by tapping build number 8 times. (Settings -> about -> build number).
- In settings now you will find Developer options, Enable it and then enable OEM unlocking, advanced reboot, and USB debugging.
- Now long press the power button and select Reboot, now select “Reboot into bootloader mode”. After this, connect your phone to your Mac via the USB cable provided with the phone.
- Extract the ADB files on your Desktop (As it is).
- Open the terminal window by pressing on the launchpad and then searching for terminal.
- Enter following code and then press return on your keyboard-
- Now again type this code and press enter(with ./)-
- It may ask for your password. This will install the ADB on your PC
- Now to check if the ADB has been correctly installed, type the following code and press Return. You should see your OnePlus3 in the list.
- Now type the following code and press enter-
Once you type this, you will get an option on your phone asking to unlock the bootloader. Use the volume navigation keys and select the appropriate option and press the power button.
- Now remove your phone from PC, Your phone will be switched off. Press volume up and power button at the same time and fastboot should load. Now again connect it to the Mac. In your Mac, copy the TWRP file and paste it in the Android folder( On your Desktop). Now type the following code in the terminal window which was opened
- Now remove the phone from your mac, power on your phone and complete the initial setup. Now connect the phone again to your Mac via the USB cable provided. Open Android file transfer and transfer the Super SU file from your Mac to your phone.
- Now open your recovery(Volume up + power button), select install and select the SuperSu file from the list. Now swipe to flash it. Once done, reboot your device and now you successfully have your phone rooted.
Now to check if the phone is rooted or not, just download this app from play store called Root Checker.
You now have access to your bootloader and you can install Xposed Modules etc, and you can also access the root directory files and tweak internal settings. This completes the procedure to root your OnePlus 3 Smartphone.