Mokee ROM is a well-known custom ROM based on CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.1 Lolipop) and it’s also available for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S (WCDMA version i.e Indian version too) (This is the official build)
What we neeed :-
1. A ROOTED DEVICE! (To root follow Ansuman Mahapatra’s tutorial here :- http://en.miui.com/thread-21881-1-1.html
2. Downloaded necessary files :-
TWRP – http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/armani/openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-armani.img
Mokee ROM – http://download.mokeedev.com/?device=armani [Download the latest one] Flashify app from Google Play Store – http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify&hl=en
Gapps – http://userscloud.com/xm8gecg5ktpv
Installation procedure :-
Step 1. Move all the download files from your computer to the phone’s root of internal and for safety external storage too.
Step 4. Boot into the recovery mode directly after the flash (Flashify will ask you after flashing) or incase you missed it, press and hold the volume up and power button until you see the teamwin logo
Congratulations! You have now successfully flashed the Mokee ROM onto your Redmi 1S
Known bugs :-
1. Slow charging
2. Not so good battery backup
3. Default Camera crashes when panorama mode or Photosphere is selected (You can anytime download a 3rd party app from the Google Play Store)
4. Ringer doesn’t ring for second SIM calls
(If you encounter any more please mention it in the comments)
Screenshots [Of the Preios version mokee] :-
Ansuman Mahapatra for Rooting tutorial
Abhishekh Sharma for uploading the ROM
TWRP Team for their work on our lovely device
Flashify Team for Google Play Store for making installing recoveries so easy!
If you are facing any problem, let us know by commenting here.