Yesterday I was checking comments on of our article on OnePlus 6t and ALmost every other comment was mentioning about the issue they were facing on their OnePlus 6t US version. So I researched a bit more about the same topic and what I found was that there does really exist some issues with the bluetooth on these new OnePlus phones. I was trying to find the solution for this bluetooth issue with OnePlus phones since then and I think finally I have the solution. So today we will see how you can fix the issue of Bluetooth getting disconnected on OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6t. There can be different methods but I will be showing you the most robust yet the most simplest one.
How to – Fix Bluetooth getting disconnected on OnePlus 6/ 6t
OnePlus even though is growing at an exponential rate is still not even near to the software teams of Apple or Samsung. The Oxygen OS is one of the lightest ROM you can find on a phone and it works well most of the time, but sometimes it is not perfect as it should be. The OS itself has some bugs related to Bluetooth that can only be fixed by a system update that has to be done by OnePlus. The same is also discussed on its own forum here. So, does this means that we have to live like it is? well, not at all! There are a few workarounds which we will tell you here.
Most of the problems in Oxygen OS can be fixed with a simple restart and the same goes with this issue as well. A simple restart will most probably fix this issue. Yup, it does sound naive but go ahead and restart your phone. This will solve most of your problems on your phone.
Now what I’ll suggest is to bookmark this page and if you still get the same issue in future then come back and read the method 2.
Method 2 – Bluetooth getting disconnected on OnePlus 6 /6t
So the restart didn’t help, well, no issues. Just empty your cache and the problem should no longer occur again for a while. So how to wipe your cache? There are two methods and I’ll suggest you to do both.
- Open Settings – Storage & memory and scroll down to find Cache data. Tap on it and press OK to clear the cached data.
- Now, wipe the cache partition from the recovery menu.
- Turn off the OnePlus 6/6t, and then press and hold the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
- Release the Power button when the OnePlus logo appears, but continue to hold the Volume Up
- On the Android recovery screen, use the Volume Down button to navigate down to wipe cache partition and press the Power button to select it.
- Use the Volume Down button to select Yes — delete all user data, and then press the Power button to confirm.
- Wait for the reset to finish and press the Power button when prompted with the message to Reboot system now.
Now just use your phone and connect to bluetooth devices and it should not get disconnected at all.
The OnePlus 6T is the company’s most futuristic flagship till date with Screen Unlock on the immersive 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display, class-leading hardware and meticulous industrial design to create the industry’s fastest and smoothest smartphone experience. It features the latest, most powerful platform, Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, with up to 8GB of RAM that creates an experience that continues to set the standard for performance.
If you are still facing the issue of Bluetooth getting disconnected on OnePlus 6 then let us know and we will forward it to OnePlus!