Today we’re here with the rooting guide of Honor 8.
What is Rooting/ Root?
Rooting a device means giving the user of an Android Device to change system files for various purposes.
How to root the Huawei Honor 8?
Unlocking the bootloader of Honor 8
This will wipe all data on your device, make sure you take a backup before proceeding
- Go to the following website and sign in with your Huawei account.
- Once logged in, fill up the form with your phone’s model no., IMEI no, serial number and product ID
- Now press the Submit button
- You’ll be given a unique code which will be used to unlock your device’s bootloader
- Install ADB Fastboot on your Windows PC.
- Goto to Setting on your device >>> About Phone>>> Tap the Build Number five times to unlock developer setting.
- Now open Developer Settings and switch on USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
- Connect the device to your PC, approve the security pop up ( if any )
- Open CMD on your PC and type ‘adb reboot bootloader’ and hit Enter, this will boot your device into Fastboot mode
- Once in fast boot, enter the following command ‘fastboot oem unlock [uniquenumber] ‘ and hit enter
- And now you have a unlocked bootloader!
Install TWRP and Rooting the Huawei Honor 8
Before rooting the device, you need to have a custom recovery installed on your Honor 8.
- Download the following packages according to your device model
Click here For Honor 8 FRD-L09 or FRD-L19
Click here For Honor 8 FRD-AL00 or FRD-AL10
- Unrar the packages and connect your device to your PC
- Open CMD inside the unpacked folder by pressing SHIFT and Right Click together
- Once CMD is opened, type the following command one by one
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now its time to install SU ( Root )
- Download SuperSU.zip from here and place it in your device
- Boot into TWRP and flash the zip. Now reboot your device
- Youve now successfully ROOTED your Huawei Honor 8