Recently Moto g got the Marshmallow update and I was getting multiple requests on how to root the phone on Android 6.0 marshmallow. So today I will tell you the complete procedure of Root Motorola Moto G3 on Marshmallow. This will also include Unlocking Bootloader on moto G3 Marshmallow.
Root Motorola Moto G3 on Marshmallow
So first you need to unlock your bootloader, Now the process may sound like rocket science but it actually isn’t and the pain is just for once and you will never have to do it again.
Check out our Review of Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen
Unlock bootloader on moto G3
Please Note, I or Technokick does not take any responsibility of you Android device. Even though this method is tested and it works, still it may not work for everyone.
- Backup all your data.
- Switch off the Moto G 3rd Gen.
- Now Hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time for a few seconds till you see a black screen like in the image below.
- Now plug your Moto G3 to your PC
- Open Mfastboot Folder. Now in the window hold the shift key and right-click. Now navigate to Open Command Window Right here. Click it.
- Now in the command prompt window, paste the code you see below and press enter.
- You will see a bunch of text in the next line, right click and copy it.
- Now go to the Motorola Site. Create an ID or login.
- Paste the text you copied at first place and click Can this phone be Unlocked
- Now click on Request Unlock code, In just a few minutes you should get a mail with a similar code like before. Copy it.
- Now go back to the command prompt window.
- Write the text given below
- Now press Space and paste the code you copied from the mail you got. Press Enter
- Voila! You have just unlocked the bootloader of your device! Scroll down to know how you can root your device.
Root Moto G3
- Copy SuperSU zip to your Internal memory on Moto G3.
- Switch off your phone and boot into your bootloader mode by simply pressing the power and volume-down button at the same time.(Same way you did for unlocking the bootloader)
- Connect the phone with your PC.
- Rename the TWRP file you downloaded to “recovery.img”
- Now you will find folder, named “mFastBoot“, copy the TWRP file that is recovery.img there.
- Now navigate to mFastboot folder on your PC which you downloaded earlier.
- Right click while holding shift key and click on “Open Command window here”.
- Paste this code in the command prompt and press enter.
- Now you can remove the phone from PC.
- Now select recovery in the bootloader.
- Select ” Install from SD card”
- Now browse the superSu zip you added in the internal memory(Step 1)
- Select Yes to install it.
- Now let it install. Once installed, Quit the bootloader by pressing Restart.
- Congrats, You have successfully Rooted you Moto G3 on Marshmallow!
Source – Motorola Forum