HP is taking a modular approach featuring secure, purpose-built devices. By supporting multiple operating systems, HP is giving business customers a choice of application eco-systems and user experiences. When coupled with the new software offerings from HP and its partners, the company has created a complete mobility solution for all businesses – including education, field service, healthcare, public safety and retail industries.
Purpose-built devices to mobilize the workforce
New tablets, 2-in-1devices, and notebook PCs running Microsoft Windows operating system, along with new tablets built on Google’s Android™ operating system, all feature built-in security and can be tailored to meet specific use-case requirements with a focus on embracing business mobility. These new devices include:
- HP Pro Slate 8 and HP Pro Slate 12 are high-definition[i] (HD) commercial-grade Android tablets. Available in 8-inch or 12-inch diagonal displays respectively, the tablets are powered by a Quad-Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 series processor[ii], and support a 4:3 aspect ratio to easily view business documents and access business applications. Less than 8 mm thin, these lightweight tablets offer powerful computing and business-day battery life[iii] with enterprise-grade security and manageability. Both devices are designed with business productivity in mind featuring a wide range of accessories enabled by HP’s Zero Force connector. HP Pro Slate 8 is one of the first tablets to market using Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4, Corning’s toughest cover glass to date.
o HP Duet Pen, the first to use Qualcomm Snapdragon digital pen technology[iv] on both a tablet and regular paper, is included with the HP Pro Slate 8 and HP Pro Slate 12. The pen is part of the HP Blended Reality Ecosystem, helping employees be more productive and create easily shareable content by writing and digitizing input from the device’s screen or via a regular sheet of paper using the HP Paper Folio[v].
- HP Elite x2 1011 G1 is a lightweight, stylish, 11.6-inch diagonal 2-in-1 Windows device running Windows 8 Pro easily transforms from a tablet to a laptop with Ultrabook configurations available[vi]. Tested to military specs for durability[vii], the Elite x2 adapts to personal work preferences with an ecosystem of optional accessories[viii] that includes an industry-first WiGig enterprise wireless dock[ix] based on a joint collaboration with Intel, along with a cover, a lightweight travel keyboard and an optional Wacom pen[x].
- The Intel Atom based HP Pro Tablet 10 EE running Windows and the HP Pro Slate 10 EE Android tablet are built for the mobile workforce in the education, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail verticals. Both feature a durable design that passes IP-52[xi] testing for dust, moisture, and drop testing[xii], an on-board garage for the optional stylus, Built in Optional 3G Connectivity plus a hard-wired keyboard base with trackpad option[xiii].
- HP Pro Tablet 408 G1 is an affordable, 9 mm thin, 8-inch diagonal Intel® Atom® based business tablet that provides a full Windows 8.1 experience and the mobile accessories[xiv] to help keep users productive when away from their PC. With business-class features like micro-HDMI, up to 64 GB of storage[xv] and an 8 MP AF rear camera with flash and Optional built in 3G Connectivity, the device gives IT the serviceability, security, manageability and commercial lifecycle it requires.
- HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Healthcare Tablet is designed to improve caregiver productivity and enhance patient interaction. The durable and lightweight solution has an antimicrobial[xvi] treatment to protect the product, can be cleaned easily, and meets IP 54[xvii] specifications. Deployable in any clinical environment, the tablet helps reduce the risk of medical errors by using the 2D barcode reader to validate personnel, patients, and catalog and administrate medication.
- HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Rugged Tablet is an ideal solution both in and out of the office for mobile workers in manufacturing or in-field environments. IP 65[xviii] rated for water and dust and MIL-STD 810[xix] testing, with up to 20 hours of battery life[xx] and a 2D barcode reader to quickly access information.
- The all new HP Retail Case for ElitePad offers retailers a versatile mobile and fixed POS solution for their employees, with two built-in cradle areas for mounting payment devices and the ability to dock to existing POS solutions. The new solution’s design features hand and shoulder straps, giving retail store operators an easier and more comfortable way to access inventory and product availability, as well as improving the checkout experience.
o The HP Retail Case for ElitePad also allows retailers to physically attach a mobile payment device (PED or PIN entry device) of choice to the case from vendors like Ingenico, Verifone, AnywhereCommerce, and PayPal and accept a range of payments such as EMV, NFC, MSR, and most digital wallets.
- HP EliteBook Folio 1020 family – the industry’s thinnest and lightest business-class notebooks – consists of the HP EliteBook 1020 and the HP EliteBook 1020 Special Edition (SE), both ultra-thin at 15. 7 mm. The SE takes advantage of HP’s exclusive blend of magnesium-lithium alloy and reusable carbon fiber to achieve a weight of only 1 kg (2.2 lbs.)[xxi]. Both share a tough, cutting-edge design that offers elite business-class performance.
Solutions focused on mobilizing industries
HP is collaborating with leading independent software vendors (ISVs) in healthcare, field service and public safety industries, including Cerner, Intergraph and SAP, along with system integrators and service providers to deliver complete business solutions focused on mobility.
- Cerner is working with HP on delivering purpose-built healthcare solutions and applications that will enable clinicians to further embrace mobility in the healthcare industry.
- Intergraph is announcing the release of its Windows 8.1 mobile application for public safety agencies. Intergraph Mobile Responder extends Intergraph’s Computer Aided Dispatch solution to emergency responders in the field. Mobile Responder is optimized for devices such as HP’s ElitePad 1000 G2 and the HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Rugged Tablet as part of a joint partnership between HP, Intergraph and Microsoft.
- The SAP® Enterprise Asset Management (SAP EAM) solution is planned to be an integration centerpiece to help bring innovative workflow solutions to vertical customers and industries, extending the mobility service value chain for service and inventory management coupled with the HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Rugged Tablet.
- HP Enterprise Services (ES) will also deliver an end-to-end mobility business solution. Within this collaboration, HP ES will take the newly announced devices and integrate them into the customer’s network while adding mobility software, apps and security layers to simplify implementation and management.
Mobile management and connectivity made simple
Device proliferation in businesses puts unique challenges on IT as expertise and resources are strained. HP also announced HP Touchpoint Manager, a cloud-based solution that works across PCs, mobile devices and major operating systems, including Apple iOS, Google Android, and Microsoft Windows, and helps businesses manage and secure a wide range of devices, operating systems, and data along with its workforce. HP Touchpoint Manager is available on all new commercial devices from HP[xxii].
In addition, new HP commercial devices[xxiii] now come with the option to access the iPass global Wi-Fi network. iPass and HP are making it simpler and more affordable for business users to connect to the internet locally and stay connected even when they are travelling. Customers who purchase new HP devices with this option will be able to register and automatically get access to millions of hotspots on the iPass global Wi-Fi network[xxiv] for one year at no additional cost.
Pricing and availability[xxv]
- HP Pro Slate 8 is expected to be available in May with a starting price of INR 33,000/-.
- HP Pro Slate 12 is expected to be available in May with a starting price of INR 41,500/-.
- HP Elite x2 1011 G1 is available now with a starting price of INR 85,000/-.
- HP Pro Tablet 408 G1 is available now with a starting price of INR 23,500/-.
- HP Pro Slate 10 EE is available now with a starting price of INR 22,000/-.
- HP Pro Tablet 10 EE is available now with a starting price of INR 25,000/-.
- HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Healthcare Tablet is expected to be available in July with a starting price of INR 85,000/-.
- HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Rugged Tablet is expected to be available in July with a starting price of INR 85,000/-.
- The HP Retail Case for ElitePad is expected to be available in March with a starting price of INR INR 26,000/- for a no battery Case and INR 29,000/- for a Case including battery.
- The HP EliteBook Folio 1020 Standard Edition is expected to be available in March with a starting price of INR 95,000/-.
Fix – OnePlus 7T not charging
The OnePlus 7t is one of the best phones available in the sub 600$ range. It provides great build quality, awesome display, and best specs at a decent enough price. With this, it improves upon the OnePlus 7 with a 90Hz refresh rate screen, some camera improvements, and faster charging. There are tons of other minor improvements, and it all makes up for a more refined and reliable overall smartphone. The 7T is an excellent low-cost flagship. However, some users suggested that they were facing charging issues on their OnePlus 7T. So we are going to have a look at how to fix OnePlus 7T not charging.
Solution – Fix OnePlus 7T not charging
Method 1 – Restarting your 7T
One of the best solutions for your device not charging is to just restart it. Even with OnePlus sometimes the software can become buggy, it can hang and just not accept any charge. The first solution is to restart your 7T by pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds and press on shut down. Once it restarts, chances are, your phone will charge as usual.
Method – 2 – Installing any Pending Updates on OnePlus 7t
As said above, charging issues often occur because of the software. If your phone is still turned on, check if your phone has any pending updates. If yes, then update it. These are the basic options that one must go through if their phone is not charging.
Method 3 – Changing the Cable | OnePlus 7T not charging
OnePlus is another apple in a lot of terms and After Apple, OnePlus is known for week charging cables. The USB C cable can often fry at the ends and can cause the cable to dis-function. A bad cable can also short circuit the phone’s USB C port so it is best to use the cable in its best condition and replace whenever necessary. If your OnePlus 7T not charging, try charging it with another cable or another adapter. To be honest, the quality of the OnePlus cables is not that great. Mine got frayed within two years of us so there is a high possibility that your adapter or the cable is the root cause of your phone not charging. Here is the link to a good USB – C cable which is compatible with your phone.
Also Read: Asus ROG Phone Review
Method 4 – Turning on USB Debugging on the OnePlus 7T
If the restarting of the phone has not worked and It is not the cable then you should try the third method. This works only if your phone is turned on. Go to about phone in settings. Tab build number seven times until you see the dialog saying you are now a developer. After that go back to settings and now you will see developer options. Go to developer options and check the option saying USB Debugging. This will force the phone to accept everything from the USB port. This even though is used by app developers but can fix your issue.
Method 5 – Clean the USB – C port
Phones are often kept in our pockets and a lot of times pockets have lint in them. The lint can then build up in the speakers, mic jack or the USB port. Before going to a service center or doing an experiment yourself, just take a toothpick or a paper clip and try to get all your lint out. This will take some patience but there is a high chance it might work. This is because when lint is present inside the port, the cable is not able to get inside completely and proper contact between the pins is not made. So it is suggested to clean the port thoroughly.
Method 4 – Replacing USB C Port | OnePlus 7T not charging
If your phone is still not charging then its the port on your phone that has gone bad. If you are not comfortable opening your phone then it is best to visit the service center. You can find the nearest service center from here. If you don’t mind tinkering with your phone then here is the link for the USB port of OnePlus 7T. Buy it and replace it on your 7T. You can consult this guide for disassembly of your phone.
Were you able to fix your phone? Let us know in the comment section below 😀
How to – Screen Record on OnePlus 8
The OnePlus 8 is no more an affordable flagship in 2020. It is though cheaper than the main flagships, it still costs a lot. While its design refinements borrow elements from other flagships, it’s an undeniably sleek phone, with waterfall display edges and a punch-hole for the front-facing camera. It comes with a Snapdragon 865 and up to 12GB of RAM, the phone is high-performance despite costing notably less than most flagships, making it the cheapest 5G phone in many markets. Today we will show you the best way by which you can Screen record OnePlus 8. There are a couple of methods to Record Screen on OnePlus 8. One Uses OnePlus’s own screen recorder other uses an app. With Screen recording you can record gameplay eg recording PUBG, CNN, you can also record other videos you find on social media as well as you will be able to record stories of other people on WhatsApp/Facebook or Instagram. Having a way to Screen Record on your phone gives you a lot of opportunities to use it. Here are the methods by which you can Screen Record on OnePlus 8-
How to – Screen Record on OnePlus 8
Method 1 – Using Oxygen OS’s screen recorder
- Open you quick settings from the notification bar
- You will find a pencil icon with which you can edit it
- Find the Screen Recorder option
- drag it to your Active Quick Settings box
- Press Back to Save the settings
- Not Press the Screen Recording Icon and you should be able to record your Screen on OnePlus 8.
Hopefully, Screen Record on OnePlus 8 should now be possible, if not follow the method 2 below-
Method 2 – Using 3rd Part App
- Click here to download the recommended app for your OnePlus 8. This is a screen recording app which is supported by your phone.
- Now after installing the app, you will get a screen like this.
- Click on the Small Circle which has appeared on your Left side of the screen. Now what you’ll get is this.
- Click on the Center circle with the camera icon.
- Now click on Start on your phone.
- The video should start recording.
- To stop the recording, Go to your navigation bar and click on Stop.
Also Read: Best Bluetooth Speaker in budget
View the video you just recorded – Screen Record on op 8
Go to the gallery.
- In Albums, Go to the folder named Collection.
- Now you can share your video from here itself.
How to edit your Video you just recorded – Screen Record on OnePlus 8
- Go to Playstore and download Quik by GoPro.
- Now just select your video and start editing it!
Fix Charging issues on Galaxy A50
Galaxy A50 is one of the best mid-rangers out there. With a 6.4-inch super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. It comes with Android 9.0 out of the box though it can be upgraded to Android 10. Samsung always fits the phone with the best hardware available on smartphones. When we reviewed the A50, we termed it as the Best Samsung midranger you can get. Recently, our A50 was starting to get some troubles charging and today it completely stopped charging. When searched online we found that many other users were also facing the same issue. We were able to get a solution and today we will be sharing how to fix the Charging issues on Galaxy A50.
There is no simple solution that works for all. You would have to go through all the solutions to see which one works for you.
Method 1 – Restart the phone – Charging issues on Galaxy A50
Well, this might sound simple but the One UI of Samsung could have a couple of bugs. I have gone through many situations where things like camera stopped working and with just a restart it starts working again. So one of the best options you have is to just go ahead and do a restart. When you restart your A50, it will first stop all the running operations including the ones stopping you from charging. When the phone is again turned on, all the tasks start from the startup position which hence clears the error that might be coming.
Method 2 – Update the phone – Charging issues on Galaxy A50
As said above, charging issues often occur because of the software. If your phone is still turned on, check if your phone has any pending update. If yes, then update it. This is the basic options that one must go through if their phone is not charging.
Method 3 – Charge while switched off
If your phone is not getting charged while it is on, try to charge it while it is switched off. This actually worked for a lot of people and could work for you as well. Sometimes the wall charger is not able to provide sufficient voltage to charge. As the phone requires energy to run, If the voltage is not enough, It will just not accept the charge. The best way to check this is by charging while the phone is switched off. If it is able to charge, then maybe try using a different wall outlet. You can also wait for some time as it is possible that the grid is doing some technical work because of which the voltage is low. By this time, you should have a reason as to why your phone was not charging. If not then continue reading below 🙂
Method 4 – Change the Adapter/ Cable
This may sound obvious but the culprit could be your adapter or the cable. To be honest, the quality of the Samsung cables is not that great. Mine got frayed within two years of us so there is a high possibility that your adapter or the cable is the root cause of your phone not charging. Here is the link to a good USB – C cable which is compatible with your phone.
Method 5 – The USB – C Port
With time often the USB – C port gets a lot of lint stored up in it. As the phone is always kept in our pocket, it pickups up little garbage from our pockets. To clean this, you can try blowing air onto your USB C port. If you are certain that the port is clean but it is still not working, it might just be that the port is damaged. For this, you can either go to Samsung service centre. You can locate a nearby store from here or if you are someone who likes to tinker with stuff, maybe try to replace it by yourself. You can get a full daughterboard for less than 5$ from Aliexpress.
Search Our Lab!
Our Recent Posts
Android4 months ago
How to – Screen Record on Samsung M31 Record Gameplay!
Tech News7 months ago
How to – Screen record on OnePlus 7t
Tech News3 months ago
Fix Charging issues on Galaxy A50
Tech News2 months ago
How to – Screen Record on OnePlus 8
Huawei2 months ago
Huawei launches Active Noise Cancellation Earbuds Huawei Freebuds 3
Tech News2 months ago
Add Shot on OnePlus on OnePlus 7T
OnePlus2 months ago
Fix – OnePlus 7T not charging
Tech News5 months ago
Popular Apps Of The Near Future